An adult worker is an individual who:
- Is 18+ years old
- Is authorized to work in the United States
- Resides in Monmouth County
- Is unemployed, under-employed or in need of a skills upgrade
MCDWD may provide adult workers with intensive services, training services (when appropriate), and related supportive services. When WIOA adult worker customers are unsuccessful in acquiring or retaining self-sufficient unsubsidized employment through core services, more intensive services are made available.
The intensive services may include the following:
- Group counseling (when applicable);
- Continual individualized counseling and career planning assistance;
- Continual or on-going assessment of the WIOA customer’s capabilities and potential for obtaining his/her self-sufficient unsubsidized employment goals and need for supportive services;
- Short-term pre-vocational services, including, but not limited to, development of learning skills, communication skills, interviewing skills, punctuality, personal maintenance skills, and professional conduct, to prepare the individual(s) for self-sufficient unsubsidized employment or training services.
- On-the-Job Training (OJT) activities allow eligible participants who are otherwise, “job ready,” to learn skills for specific occupations by demonstration and practice under actual working conditions in a business. Training occurs while the participant is engaged in productive, full-time work as a newly-hired employee.
To View the WIOA Orientation, click here and complete the Form D: Self-Attestation that is was viewed
Please fill out our New Jersey Intake & Assessment Form and Required Document Checklist bring to orientation or call to schedule an appointment with a career coach.
How we can help you:
- Job Search
- Resume Writing
- Pay for Career training to gain new skills or build on your existing skills