Robert F. Connolly
Welcome to Monmouth County Workforce Development. Whether you are a job seeker or a business, we invite you to explore these pages to learn about the many services and resources available to you. Our mission is to build a “World Class Workforce” in Monmouth County, and we are excited to help you be part of it!
Executive Director’s Message
Each year, Monmouth County Workforce Development serves thousands of area residents and businesses. From resume writing workshops to free career training for job seekers, and from job matching to job fairs for businesses, our professional staff looks forward to helping you achieve your goals. Contact us today and let us help you succeed!
The Monmouth County Workforce Development Board is the entity that implements the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act in Monmouth County. Appointed by local elected officials, the Board is responsible for planning and overseeing local workforce development programs. The majority of the board members are business representatives while other members include representatives of education providers, labor organizations, community-based organizations, economic development agencies, and partners.
In our area, the County of Monmouth serves as the administrative entity and fiscal agent for the Monmouth County Workforce Development Board.
The mission of the Monmouth County Workforce Development Board is to build a world-class workforce that meets the current and future needs of our business community. We do so by building partnerships, maximizing federal, state and local resources, advocating for sustainable jobs and livable wages, and, overall creating a high quality standard of living for all Monmouth County citizens.
Commissioner Sue Kiley
- Basic Skills & Literacy: The Basic Skills and Literacy Committee will be responsible for compiling and maintain a listing of available basic skills and literary services, determine the need for additional basic skills and literacy services, and work to ensure that local basic skills and literacy needs are met.
- Executive: The committee will act on behalf of the full WDB in matters which require attention; conduct oversight, ensure compliance, and oversee the quality delivery of services; develop a consolidated workforce development plan for Monmouth County; and propose recommendations to the full WDB regarding workforce development issues in Monmouth County.
- One Stop Operations: The One Stop Operations Committee will advise the WDB on matters pertaining to Monmouth County’s American Job Center system and ensure that the system provides comprehensive workforce development services to both businesses and job seekers in an integrated, effective and efficient manner.
- Services to People with Disabilities: The Services to People with Disabilities Committee will assess workforce development services that are available to people with disabilities and develop policy recommendations for the expansion and enhancement of those services.
- Youth: The Youth Committee will oversee the performance of WDB-funded programs for at-risk In-School and Out-of School youth. The committee will develop policy and specific strategies to serve youth who are eligible for services under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
Meeting minutes for all Board and Committee meetings are posted on this site for the convenience of members of the public. Anyone with an interest in workforce development issues is invited to attend any scheduled Full Board Meeting.
The WDB meets at 10 a.m. on the first Thursday of March, June, September and December. Meetings are being held virtually until further notice.
2022 Full Board Meeting Schedule
March 3, 2022
June 2, 2022
September 1, 2022
December 1, 2022
If you are an individual with a disability that would like to participate, please contact Lucy Rivera, Assistant to the Director at 732-683-2211. Please state the disability and type of accommodation required.